This Thanksgiving card looks so impressive but is really very easy to create.
You could also make a Halloween version!
- 4.25” x 11” kraft cardstock, scored in center (card base)
- 4” x 5.25” kraft cardstock, with pumpkin cut out (card front)*.
- 3.75” x 3.75” piece of white cardstock (pencil line drawn ¼” from top)
- Green stem cut from cardstock or decorative paper*
- Kraft envelope
- Strips of orange decorative paper (14 strips per card, .5” x 4.5” each)
- Thanksgiving Sentiment Stamp/Stamp Block
- Brown Ink pad
- Double Sided Tape
- Brown Pen
- Glue Stick
*You can either create using your electronic cutter and a SVG file or use the template to hand cut out. Both files can be found FREE HERE.
1. Prepare your card parts. Cut 14 strips (.5” x 4.5” each) of orange decorative paper. It looks best to have 4 to 5 different patterns in the same color family. Cut a 3.75” x 3.75” piece of white cardstock.
2. Cut and fold your card base (4.25” x 11”) from kraft cardstock . Cut your card front and stem using templates or electronic cutting machine*
3. Add a pencil line 1/4 inch from top of the white cardstock.
4. Line up seven strips across the top, bottom edge along the pencil line. They should be right side facing up. Tape the strips to the cardstock as shown above.
5. Fold the strips over to other side (again, right side facing up).
6. Start weaving in the other strips, taping the horizontal strips every three or so strips to the back. When all strips are woven, fold up the vertical strips and tape them down. The back will look like photo below.
Turn over the cardstock. This should be what your front looks like.
7. Stamp the sentiment on the card front. Then glue on the stem and draw vines with brown pen.
8. Use double sided tape to attach the back of the card front to the woven piece. Then attach these pieces to the card base.
9. Tie raffia into a bow and attach to card with double sided tape.