Friday, September 23, 2016

Trays, Trays, and More Trays!

Once again I did up a batch of chalk painted and image transferred vintage style trays.  The graphic images came from The Graphics Fairy.  I use the poly transfer method, of which you can also find the details on that site.
As always, I shade with acrylic paint around the images to make them "pop". 
After shading, I fly speck to "age them even more". 
  Finally, I seal them with poly to protect them.  These trays are for decoration only.

 This tray was an old silver platter that got new life after being painted with chalk paint.
The first coat was black and then white was painted over it.  As you can see, I lightly painted on the decorative rim and handles to make the design pop.
I'll be taking most of these trays (and lots more) to The Vintage Market in southern Michigan.  
See me outside in Booth #230!  


Info on Facebook

No comments: