Monday, July 31, 2017

Nautical Desk Set & Free Compass SVG!

After my last post showing you how I easily paint furniture hardware, I thought that you might be interested in seeing what those handles and knobs belonged to.   Here they are...on a nautical style desk!
The desk and chair were painted using Americana Decor Chalky Finish in Legacy and then lightly distressed.  I felt it needed a nautical theme so I created the rope and compass stencils using the SCAL software program.  I cut the stencils from vinyl and painted them on using Everlasting .  I actually had some issues with the rope detail on top of the desk and ended up sanding it off and painting it back on by hand.  I think it turned out okay! After drying overnight, I lightly sanded the roping to give it a worn look.  Next the pieces got a coat of clear wax.  Finally, I lightly white washed both pieces with white wax.
The cool compass design went on the chair seat.
Want the design?  Get it free HERE
 I'll be taking this set with me to my upcoming show in Bay City, Michigan.  
If you're in the area, stop by and say "Hi"!
Details HERE

No comments: