Monday, April 20, 2015

Bless Our Nest Canvas

Time for another Design Team post for the latest Creative Cutting Challenge--SPRING.  To me spring means "renewal" and I think that a bird's nest filled with a couple of eggs definitely says that.  So I created this typography file that features a nest silhouette.  
You can get the file HERE.

I used the file to create this 8 x 10 inch canvas.  First I painted the canvas with the background color.  I cut the design from indoor vinyl, weeded it into a stencil and placed on the canvas. Then I painted the lettering and designs.  To finish the canvas, I speckled the entire surface, antiqued it and then sealed.
 I hope that if you own an electronic cutting machine and use SVGs or similar files to create with, you'll join us and play along.  If you don't use SVGs, you should still click over as the Design Team always out does itself with creative inspiration!

1 comment:

Marina said...

This looks great - love that it's painted and love the speckles - perfect with the eggs.