Wednesday, February 3, 2016

40th Birthday Scrap Crafting

Those that know me know that I am nothing if not thrifty!  A fact I'm proud of by the way!  lol  So when I was making these banners for my sister's recent big birthday (See Monday's post),
I had a few of the Reapers left over from cutting.  So of course I repurposed the scrap into more party favors!  Shown at the top is this cool tag I made to put at the guest of honor's place setting.  To make it, I used my Big Shot and Sizzix die to cut out the tag shape from chipboard and red paper.  I stamped on the brick wall background and layered over it a strip of grey card stock (also a scrap).  I shaded all around the Reaper with a Black Soot Distress Marker and a water pen (one of my favorite techniques).  I stamped the sentiment using one of my favorite new tools--
 the Alphabet Rotary Stamp from Stampin' Up--and added a black ribbon.
I also used the Big Shot and a die to make the easel back that I added to the tag. 
Finally, I used the last two Reapers and the cut out numbers from this banner piece
to make these decorations.  I just glued wooden skewers between two pieces.  The backing of the "40" is another die. I put them in the weight bundles that held the balloon bouquets. They would have also made great cake toppers.
Well, that's the end of the 40th birthday crafting!  I'm sure I'll be using these ideas for other friends and family members in the future.  Hope they've inspired you too!

No comments: