Monday, March 14, 2016

Horizontal Peek A Boo Flap Card

I've seen many, many vertical fancy folded "Peek A Boo Flap" cards.  I wanted to make some for Easter but unfortunately, the only Easter sentiment stamp I have wouldn't fit in the space.  So I turned it horizontally and created this card!
Peek A Boo Flap cards are super easy to make.  
Here are the steps for either a vertical or horizontal card.  
Your card base is 8.5" x 5.5" folded in half. Your card front paper must be double sided.

Follow the next steps if you plan on making a horizontal flapped card.  Otherwise, stamp your sentiment in the same place but make it horizontal instead of vertical. 
 To make wooden stamp placement super easy and precise, I use a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig.  If you haven't used one before, check out a You Tube video to see how.  It's very easy!
Here are the completed cards.  I used a bunny and egg SVG diecuts (from my Etsy Shop) to embellish the card.  The stamping and shading on the egg was done with Distress Ink.  The egg highlight was done with a Distress Marker. 


No comments: