Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Creating Chalkboards from Cribs & Windows

Today I'm showing two salvaged items that I turned into chalkboards.  
First up is this vintage crib.  I hinged the head and back boards to create this easel.
Chains on each side keep the easel upright. 
I painted the piece in a lovely light yellow chalk paint, accenting the details with gray.  The outside centers of the board were painted with chalkboard paint.  The paint needs three days to cure before priming with chalk, which is why these pictures are plain! 
This chalkboard easel is perfect for an outdoor wedding, a store front or even a child's playroom.  A great way to recycle a vintage crib that's unsafe for a baby to sleep in! 
Remember the window I painted vertically?  (you can see it HERE)  
This is the other of the pair.  I decided to make a weekly planner with it.  The panes of glass were painted with chalkboard paint.  I accented the wooden frame with white, dark green and black acrylic paint. 
I created the lettering with my electronic cutter software and cut it from permanent matte vinyl.
This piece would be awesome in a family's kitchen or office.  It would also work great for a business, which could use it for scheduling or even daily specials!
Like any of these pieces?  You can buy them at my next show:


No comments: