Sunday, December 4, 2016

Oy Vay, Another Birthday (Card)

 This card is one I did especially for my sister's birthday, which happens to be today!  I started out with this awesome vintage image that I printed and cropped.  I'm not sure where I got this image as I have a huge collection.  But it is of an opera singer,  I'm sharing it here in case you'd like to use it too.
The type style I used was "Traveling Typewriter". You can grab it for free HERE,
 I outlined the wording using a fine Sharpie marker and then distressed the paper with Pumice Stone Distress Ink. I cut the pieces out and used a glue stick to add them to the photo. I used the same font inside and it said "Not Another Birthday?!!" 
I matted the photo with a dusty rose piece of card card stock.  I used gray card stock for the card base and a coordinating piece of decorative paper on top of that.  A brown piece of glittery ribbon runs down the side.  I die cut the flower pieces from more scrap, outlined the edges with a silver marker and held them together with a small brad.  Several glue dots held it to the card.

And here are some pics of me and the birthday girl.  These were taken this past March when the two of us went on an amazing trip to Israel.  We had such a fantastic time and I highly recommend that if you have a special sister, go on a trip together and make lasting memories!! 
 Looking all pretty and fresh BEFORE our long journey from Michigan to Tel Aviv, Israel.
 A selfie of us in the Mediterranean Sea.
 After being baptized in the Jordan River.
 On the Sea of Galilee.
Sightseeing in Jerusalem.
Happy Birthday Jen!  xoxox

No comments: