Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sharing: Challenge Entry

Over on Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium (a great yahoo group), one of the Challenges is to scrap something about yourself.  So I entered a double page layout I did celebrating my love of WATER!
I'm not sure if it's because I'm a Pisces or because my maternal family was in the marine business or because I was born in "Bay City", but I've always been the happiest around water.  Before we built our house "up north" we cruised a lot.  Being in the ocean and snorkeling is like heaven to me.  For the past eight years I've been blessed to live on a beautiful, clear lake and I love soaking in the cool water on a hot day, kayaking around the shore or just sitting on the beach watching the gentle waves. 
For the layout above, I used the Cricut to cut out the wavy "WATER" letters and then ran them through the Cuttlebug with a wavy embossing folder.  Then I chalked the embossed areas with another shade of blue and outlined edges with blue Stickles.  The waves were cut out of different shades of blue and then with a white gel pen, hand drew more waves.  Also hit and missed some wave tops with the Stickles.  I used alphabet stamps to add the "Love the" and "Ocean".  The corner "Journey" stamp is from 7 Gypsies.  I also used the white gel pen to add the wording under the picture.

2 comments:

JustYolie said...

Beautiful beach layout...love the waves. :)

keshapooh said...

What a wonderful layout. The water looks great.