Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sharing: Mother's Day Layout and Another Use for a MD Card

While the pictures are from last year, I just completed this Mother's Day layout and thought I'd share it with you.  Because I wanted to highlight the orange in my jacket, the greens in the landscaping and the white clothing and dogs, I thought this background paper was perfect!  Using my Sure Cuts A Lot software and Cricut, I cut the "Mother's Day" heading (see below for source) out of three layers of green and cream paper and then shaded with Distress Inks and added black pen lettering and outlines. The large ring and circle were cut from cream cardstock and also shaded with DIs and lettered with black pen.  I left the pictures unmatted (something I've been doing a lot of lately!)    No embellishments...I thought the background paper was busy enough.  And I liked being able to write the date on the "swoosh" of the heading.  If you like the heading,
You can get it HERE.

Speaking of Mother's Day, I want to show you what Creative Team Member Heather created.
Once again showing just how versatile SVG files are, Heather used part of the file to create this piece.  So actually this one file could be used for Mother's Day and Valentine's Day!  Heather has all the design details on her BLOG if you'd like to pop over.
Here's the original file:
You can get this file HERE.

No comments: