Monday, May 30, 2011

Sharing: Painted Slate

As I mentioned before, I'm very involved in my local Relay For Life. 
Every year I paint something to donate in the fund raising auction. 
This year I painted on a roof slate (10 1/2" x 16"). 
The pattern is by Peggy Trabalka and is featured in the
June 2011 "PaintWorks" magazine. 
I hope someone likes it enough to bid big bucks!

God bless all our veterans and current military men and women. 
Remembering those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. 
Thank you for your service!

4 comments:

Paper Squirrel said...

WOW! That is STUNNING! Love how the flowers and leaves jump off the black background and the lettering is gorgeous. That is sure to bring in big bucks at the auction!

Erika said...

Very beautiful! I'm sure you'll find a bidder because it's an original work of art.

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is just gorgeous

Gerri Herbst said...

This is magnificent...you are such a talent....and for a great cause too. I have missed you dear friend. I know blogger has been crazy lately! I am so glad you can comment now. glad you stopped by and left some nice blog love. take care, gerri