Thursday, December 20, 2012

Quick & Easy Gift Card Holder

The days until Christmas are counting down!  From now until then, I'll be sharing some "Quick & Easy" ideas with you to help make this time of year a little less stressful. 

Gift cards are getting to be "the" gift to give.  I don't know about you but I hate to just put them into an envelope or use the store's version of a holder.  So I quickly made up my own using my SCAL and Cricut.
I used a file I believe I originally got from DT's ART BLOG.  I see that it is no longer free but you may be able to purchase it by sending her a file request.  She may also have it available in PDF format for those of you without an electronic cutter.
Two gift cards can be cut from one 8 1/2" x 11" piece of Kraft cardstock if you flip one holder layout.

Three easy steps!



Some Tips:
Burnish the paper tape strips using your bone folder, especially on the edges.  
Add a strip of tape on the gift card pocket and stamp the "To" & "From" on the opposite side.
You could decorate the back with more tape or stamp a little design on the rounded flap.


I found the box of decorative tape at a fabulous little store in Chicago called P.O.S.H. when I was there last month.  We also saw it at a few other shops (even cheaper) so I know you can find it online.  Here's the LINK to the manufacturer.




2 comments:

Paper Squirrel said...

Super cute! Love how you used that paper tape.

Unknown said...

Gift card holders are great for packaging retail gift cards. it was nice visiting here..i like the designs you shared here. looking beautiful. thanks for sharing.
Card Holders