Wednesday, June 22, 2016

French Flower Buckets

I had two French flower buckets in my stash awaiting transformation.  The first was a large galvanized metal bucket.  I first gave it a coat of white chalk paint.  Just one coat so it kept a grayish appearance.  Next I found a lovely graphic to transfer on it, the French Herbal Shop Transfer from The Graphics Fairy.  I also found the "No. 1" graphic online and applied that below. I sealed the bucket with polyacrylic to protect it.
 The other bucket was smaller and I had found it at a garage sale.  It was already painted green and had a sticker of some flowers attached to it. First I used "Goof Off" to remove the sticker.  Then I sponged on dark green paint to give it a mottled effect.  To finish, I hot glued a burlap ribbon around the bucket.  I layered two flower petal embellishments, accenting with a brown button.


No comments: