Monday, June 27, 2016

Upcycled French Bread Box

I know that I'm really bad at taking the "before pictures" of my projects.  Usually I'm in a hurry to get started and forget that part.  But I'm sure that you can use your imagination for what this bread box started out looking like--dark brown and very blah.
I added two coats of blue chalk paint (DecoArt Serene).  Once that dried, I added washes of white chalk paint on all the edges (hard to see in photos).
Next I went to the treasure trove of images available at The Graphics Fairy and transferred on the one shown here--perfect for an upcycled bread box! 
I thought that the bottom front of the box looked a bit plain so I grabbed an extra French address I had left over and added that the same way. 
Since this box will be used and in a kitchen, I gave it two coats of poly acrylic to protect it and make clean up easier.

No comments: