Tuesday, December 22, 2015

A Christmas Card Two Ways

Here's the last of this year's Christmas cards.  For these cards I got to try out my new Stampin' Up Bow Builder Punch.  I was at a crop in October and we did a make-it-take it using this punch.  It only took two months to actually use it!  As you can see, I created two versions of this card, in red and in blue.  Which do you like better?

Here's a close up of the coloring on the stamped image.  After coloring with Distress Markers and a water pen, I thought the image was too bright.  So I used a Vintage Photo DM and toned down the red.  Both cards had circles die cut from white paper that I then embossed with the snowflake folder.
Here's a better picture of the bow....I flattened it a bit as the card was being mailed.  Also, instead of mini glue dots, I used low temp hot glue to put it together.




No comments: