Monday, December 21, 2015

Hand Painted Christmas Signs

This craft show season I painted dozens of wooden signs.  Most were my own designs, like the one shown above. They were hugely popular and I displayed them on a vintage ladder that my sister gave me.  The display got lots of compliments.
I still have a few of the "Most Wonderful Time" signs left that you can get for yourself HERE.
I used the same "Jingle" typography that I used on my pillows to paint these wooden signs.  The one above features rusty bells added to the sign.  The sign below shows the sign with a wire hanger.  Silver bells are added to the wire, which makes it perfect to hang on a door.
Want this for yourself?  You can get it HERE.
Another of my popular original designs were these "Believe in the Magic" signs.  This theme was suggested by a customer and I had a great time designing and painting different versions.  Here are some of them:
Which background do you like best--white or Red?  They both sold equally well!
Another fun version (which I painted late in the season) was this faux chalkboard style.  People loved the look!  Will definitely be making more of these for next year.
This small wired hanging sign was also a version.  
I still have this one if you'd like it for yourself.  Get it HERE.
This bright red sign is another of my designs and features vintage style poster painting.  I had painted a batch of similar blue signs with Santa flying over the rooftops but forgot to take a picture!  Of course they all sold.  Oh well, if you'd like this red one, you can still grab it HERE.
This chalky style sign is a combo of designs.  The sweet little nativity is a free Artists Club painting design by Jeanne Bobish.  I got the typography file from My Vinyl Designer.  You'll notice some shading and embellishment painting done to the wording to make it more than just a plain stencil.  If you'd rather not make one yourself, you can get one of mine HERE.
Finally these last two signs are designs from My Vinyl Designer.  I redesigned the top one to fit the surface and added some embellishment painting to the "REINDEER" portion.  Love the distressed vintage look of the sign!
This sign was painted on a large piece of plywood.  You'll see that I antiqued it.  It sold fast!

No comments: