Sunday, August 4, 2013

"You're The Star" Birthday Card

I think die cuts make it super easy to put together a quick card.  And as the featured designer over at CARD A DAY BLOG today, I was excited to follow the theme of "Using Die Cuts".  As you know, I design SVG electronic cutting files.  Each and every one I put up for free or for sale is test cut.  That means I have a HUGE collection of die cuts ready and waiting to be used.  I decided for my design card to use the movie clapboard from my SVG MOVIE SET.  A scrap of double sided paper (Reminisce Stripe Stock "Ryan") was used as the base.  It wasn't quite long enough but the addition of black glitter tape (American Crafts) took care of that.  I stamped the sentiment with a cheapo stamp from Greenbrier Int. using Archival Jet Black Ink in the center of the clapboard (using a 'Stamp A Ma Jig).
TIP:  The stamped image wasn't quite black enough.  I took a Sharpie and hand colored the missed areas.
Finally I got out the red Dymo tape and created the sentiment.
Entered into the following Challenges:
PAPER CRAFTING JOURNEY--PUNCHES OR DIECUTS
SIMON SAYS STAMP--ANYTHING GOES
DIE CUTTING DIVAS--#126 ANYTHING GOES

2 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Super card Cindy! I thought it turned out really cool, the glitter tape borders are fun and I'm loving the Dymo tape sentiment too. Really cute card

Sarah J Moerman said...

Fun card! Great colors! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!